Here we go! Let’s get the 2019/ 2020 shad fishing season started, with this season’s First Shad of the Season Contest! The winner will receive their choice of a $50 gift certificate to Orlando Outfitters, or a box of shad flies tied by yours truly!
First Shad of the Season Contest 2019/2020 Rules:
- The contest begins December 7, 2019 and ends once I have confirmed a winner
- This is a catch, photograph and release contest
- To be eligible you must:
- Be a member of the Shad on the Fly Facebook Group. Membership is free, but the Facebook group is a closed group so you must request to be added as a member
- Download the Shad on the Fly 2019/ 2020 Official Token image above and print it out in color. You may trim it down to size.
Alternatively, you can save it to your cell phone and use your phone to display the token as long as it is CLEARLY visible (just don’t drop it in the water!)
- To win you must:
- Catch a shad using a fly rod and fly
- Be the first person to upload a picture of the fish, fly reel, and fly with the Official Token clearly visible in the image to the Shad on the Fly Facebook Group
- Must share the general location you caught the fish (e.g. downstream of Mullet Lake, Upstream of Lake Harney, C.S. Lee near the Econ, etc.)
- I will message the winner in Facebook to get their address and mail the prize, or setup a meetup on the water if possible. Whatever works best for the winner
Official Facebook Stuff:
The Shad on the Fly- First Shad of the Season Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants understand that they are providing their information to the owner of the Shad on the Fly Facebook Group, and not to Facebook.