To get the 2017/ 2018 shad fishing season started, I have decided to run a First Shad of the Season Contest! The winner will receive a Flambeau floating foam fly box with thirty shad flies inside tied by yours truly.
First Shad of the Season Contest 2017/2018 Rules:
- The contest begins December 6, 2017 and ends once I have confirmed a winner
- This is a catch, photograph and release contest
- To be eligible you must:
- To win you must:
- Catch a shad using a fly rod and fly
- Be the first person to upload a picture of the fish, fly reel, and fly with the Official Token clearly visible in the image to the Shad on the Fly Facebook Group
- I will message the winner in Facebook to get their address and mail the prize, or setup a meetup on the water if possible. Whatever works best for the winner
Okay, this is easy right? Now we just need the water to drop another 3 feet and we should be in business! All kidding aside, I am starting to really get amped up about this shad season, and I hope a little friendly competition will help us all get out there, start hunting for fish, and come together in fellowship to share our experiences. The Shad on the Fly Facebook Group is a great place to share reports, pictures, videos, and organize some outings together. See you on the water!
Official Facebook Stuff:
The Shad on the Fly- First Shad of the Season Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants understand that they are providing their information to the owner of the Shad on the Fly Facebook Group, and not to Facebook.